Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Freedom Isn't Free

Qualifying statements such as, "as a military spouse" often annoy me because I don't consider being a military spouse to be a defining attribute to my over all character or being. With that being said, it is difficult to move every few years and cope with the constant 'hellos' and 'goodbyes'. Only a fellow military spouse can even begin to understand the joy and misery that comes with constant movement. I have learned not to linger. I have learned to move on and I have learned to remember all the wonderful humans that I have met along my many journeys. If you have ever felt alone or that you can't stop wandering, just remember that in Sorrento, Italy there is a place that serves alcohol, pizza and freedom. It's gonna be ok you guys...we still have freedom and pizza...fuck ya.



No comments:

Post a Comment