Monday, September 15, 2014

Orange is the New Black


I refuse to watch Orange is the New Black and here is why. Netflix has sucked for quite some time now. I can't find classic movies, new movies or more than one season of almost any show that they offer and I don't understand why they can't host every movie/show created through out time? You have the power of the internet behind your company? I used to go to an old video store called the Naro Video Exchange and this place from the 1970's had a much wider selection of new and old movies and TV shows. They even kept up with the times with Blu-rays and other such nonsense. The guy who worked behind the counter looked to be about 70 years old, wore coke-bottle glasses and had a handle bar mustache. How did THAT guy get a better selection of movies than a massive company like Netflix?!

I don't like conspiracy theories (unless, we're talking about the tooth fairy THAT BITCH IS REAL). Not really a "theory" I guess, so much as a fictitious person. So, let me clarify, I DO NOT believe in conspiracy theories but I DO believe in mythical beings? Now, I'm confused. Here is my conspiracy theory which DOES NOT include the tooth fairy.

I think Netflix is cramming all of their "original programming" down our throats? Down our eyeballs? That's gross. Shows like Orange is the New Black, Arrested Development and Knights of Sydonia get our immediate attention because there isn't anything else worth watching on Netflix, most of the time. This boosts ratings for their own programming; which, they can produce and air for a fraction of the cost of buying the rights to all these other films and shows to rent out on their website or in the mail. Right now, 90% of what I see on Netflix are shitty B-movies, which I have discussed here before. They are cheap so Netflix buys an ass load of them!

I'm sure that Orange is the New Black is just as great as everyone says it is but out of principal I just can't watch it. Get some better "rented" programming, Netflix, and then I will start to watch your original programs.

Orange is the New Netflix

No comments:

Post a Comment