Friday, November 18, 2011

Ballistically Sound


"Built to Take a Beating"
Gear up, shielded with a KEVLAR® strong backplate. Suppress an onslaught of scratches and scrapes, reinforced by Corning® Gorilla® Glass. Take whatever the world throws at you and throw it right back. Almost nothing brings this mobile juggernaut down.

This is the description from Verizon's website about their new Droid Razor Phone. But I still have a few questions.

Am I going into war-torn Iraq? Or am I on a ship bound for the rogue state of Somalia? If I am not going to any of these gang states then why does my phone need ballistic stats? I'm pretty sure no one will be shooting a Kalashnikov at my phone any time soon. So please, Verizon, can you lower the price of your stupid phones by taking away the preposterous Kevlar armor? Also, your new Droid phone looks like HAL from 2001:A Space Odyssey, which frightens me.

No comments:

Post a Comment